Guided by the principles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Young Center has developed the only program in the nation that provides independent Child Advocates, whose job it is to advocate for the child’s best interests—safety and well-being. The Child Advocates meet with the children and learn each child’s story, why the child came to the U.S., and what, if anything, the child has to return to in home country. With this information, volunteer Child Advocates work alongside Young Center attorneys and social workers to make recommendations that champion the child’s best interests.
Refer Child for Appointment of Child Advocate
- Go to the website https://www.clienttrack.net/TYC/portal. Please note you do not need to sign in or register.
- Click on “Start Referral.”
- Fill out all required fields (indicated by a red star).
- When you are done, click “Save” in the lower right-hand corner of the screen and the referral will be submitted.
- Once submitted, we will work on assigning a Child Advocate as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us directly at 773-702-9560 if you have any questions about submitting a referral.
The Young Center accepts referrals for the appointment of Child Advocates. Please follow these steps and all referrals will be submitted directly into our secure database: